Raw or Baked vegan chocolate Brownie
- Serves: 12
- Complexity: easy
- kcal: lots
- 250g coconut sugar or xylotol ground preferably
- 250g ground almonds
- 175g coldpressed coconut oil
- 65g raw cacao powder
- 50-150 ml water
- 1tsp baking powder - only if you are planning to bake the brownies
- 1-2 tbsp sunwarrior raw protein powder or other protein powder of your choice (optional)
- 50g mixed seeds or chopped nuts (optional)
Ground the almonds into a flour
- Melt the coconut butter in a bowl over a hot water bath.
- ground the coconut sugar
Add all the dry ingredients into your food processor and pulse a few times to get it all blended.
If you are planning to bake this cake also add the baking powder. If you are making a raw chocolate brownie then
don't put any baking powder in.
Add the coconut oil and blend until all is mixed. Add in 50 ml of the water. Mix again until all is blended well. You could add in some chopped almonds for texture if you wish.
If you are baking this brownie add the full amount of water
- If keeping it RAW: Put the mixture into a square cake tin and keep it in the fridge for a few hours until it sets. Then cut up into squares. These little lovelies are absolutely scrumptiously gorgeous.
If you are baking this cake. Put mixture in 23x33cm baking tin in a preheated oven 180 degrees. Bake for 20-30 mins or until the top is no longer shiny. Wait for 10 mins before cutting into squares. Keep in fridge